Search for at
http://vantagepointgaming.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
vote for clan metting General ted100 10 Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 pm
Lamplighter View latest post
server computer will be down on the 9th General ted100 8 Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 pm
HAWK View latest post
all items for web changes etc must read General ted100 1 Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:31 pm
Rocky_Racoon View latest post
happy thanksgiving CANADA General ted100 3 Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:41 am
leaf View latest post
CONGRATS to Pally!!!!! Off Topic Stuff :) Agamemnon 19 Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 pm
Bearmighty View latest post
Willy is on leave (AWOL) General willy2 3 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 am
Happy View latest post
COD WWII General A_Twinkie 6 Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:11 pm
HotChiley View latest post
sorry about the failed pdf Off Topic Stuff :) Born1947 2 Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Agamemnon View latest post
Happy Veterans Day General BadShot 4 Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:00 am
BADGIRLwGUN View latest post
standing to shoot rules please General M4_Warrior 2 Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 am
ted100 View latest post
GumbyMN AKA Bull General GumbyMN 10 Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:22 am
GumbyMN View latest post
Fluffypawns Youtube channel General Fluffypawns 5 Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 pm
Fluffypawns View latest post
Heroes of the Storm - Come Play With Me! General PallyDog 9 Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:24 am
HelloPinki View latest post
I am sorry for profanity. COD Black Ops phil-413 3 Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:25 am
DirtyTrix View latest post
introduce my self COD Black Ops darklord 10 Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:30 pm
Rocky_Racoon View latest post

We won a node!

http://vantagepointgaming.com Forum Index » COD Black Ops » COD:GHOST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UNBOUND2aim norway.png

Members

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:32 am
PostPost subject: Hehehe ! We won a node!

For a brief period, we conquered and held the airport in Los Angeles in the first Clan Wars. This gave all VPG a 25% bonus for games in HC TDM mode, but our victory was short lived and we've lost that bonus already. The mechanics of clan wars can be quite complicated, but I had the app running by the side of the PC and was watching all the scores as we were winning matches (thanks to those that helped me with this, playing the game types I asked you play and in the groups I asked you to play in while I was learning the process)
IW / Activision say that the having the app gives no advantage to clan wars. BOLLOX! Without the app, you can potter along on your own and compete in clan wars, without even knowing it, no problems. But only with the app can you see vunerable nodes and actually make a difference and even capture a node single handedly if the clan has a lot of locked point for that node, and the victors are being removed.
But if you have a device that will run the app and you want to play the clan wars side of Ghosts, I strongly recommend downloading it.
Here is an example of what I mean. Yesterday I noticed the airport only had to lose 2 points to be available for conquest, and we had 16 locked points. That meant 4 wins would have secured us the airport. I got hold of Fluffy, dragged him out of Eve and we captured the airport within 20 mins. That same task at present would require two players to be on the winning team of HC TDM for 18 consecutive matches, without FYB clan jumping in an winning 2 matches..... pretty impossible.
I was planning on writing a description of the mechanics for clan wars, but luckily I found
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
which does the jobb for me  Very Happy

If you play Ghosts and are interested in going for the clan wars targets as a group assault, please post here. I reckon it will take at least 4 players to really knuckle down and actively rip a node away from another clan. At the moment, of the 8 clans in the silver division we are competing in, we are in 7th place, second from last. The last team don't even look like they've played any of the valid game modes....
UNBOUND2aim norway.png

Members

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:45 pm
PostPost subject: No icon Re: We won a node!

Hey Oddball, sorry it took me a while to reply. You're more than welcome to join us for clan wars. Ghosts wasn't all it was cracked up yo be and a lot of people are very disappointed and don't play it anymore. I still enjoy a few games in a row and the more, the merrier.
I have sent you a clan invite through ghosts. Be sure to check you have a CoD account and it is linked to your steam account before accepting the invite. Check this by going to "Barracks" and clicking on "CoD account". It should read "blah blah blah, all good to go". Then go ahead and accept the clan invite. And I'll see you on the battlefield!

Ps. I've posted a few posts about different aspects of the game in this Ghosts forums. If you have anything to add from your game experience, please add! Do you have the app? It makes a big difference when we are so few playing clan wars. Good to watch when other clans are hammering each other and we can build up points til the attacking clan claims the node. When it's weak again, we should be able to get a few nodes if our tactics are well executed  Wink
http://vantagepointgaming.com Forum Index » COD Black Ops »  COD:GHOST

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: